May 14, 2016 • 9:00am – 4:00pm
at World Bird Sanctuary • Admission is FREE!
There will be a grand prize of a pair of brand new pair of binoculars (REI XR Series // 10×25 Binoculars).
The drawing will be after the 2pm bird show. Visitors must give their name and email address to be eligible.
Must be present to win.
In 2016, International Migratory Bird Day highlights the importance of international efforts to conserve birds through agreements, laws, treaties and collaborations. This year marks the centennial of the Migratory Bird Treaty!
- 9:00am: Naturalist-led bird hike
- Live bird presentation at 10am, 12pm and 2pm
- Hospital tours at 11:15am and 1:15pm
- Learn to use your field guide talks
- Bird banding (throughout the event)
- Field identification presentation that will include live Red-tailed Hawk, Peregrine Falcon, Barred Owl, Screech Owl, Great horned Owl and maybe others
- Bird-themed snacks
- Bird-themed gift sales
- WBS Events
- Planning an Event