Becoming an InternWe are looking for reliable, enthusiastic, motivated individuals, who can work well independently and as part of a team. Our internship program runs year round and is in high demand. Please call today to find out about available openings & schedules. To apply for an internship please send your resume with a cover letter stating your career goals and how this internship will help you achieve those goals, along with three letters of reference and WBS' Intern Application.
Being an InternInterns will experience all aspects of the World Bird Sanctuary by assisting the staff with the:
- Captive management of resident birds
- Daily husbandry duties
- Maintenance of facilities
- Rehabilitation of injured birds
- Public education programs through the Office of Wildlife Learning
- Interacting with the public at the Visitor Center
- Field identification of birds & documentation of behaviors
- Must be capable of rigorous outdoor work in all types of weather conditions
- Transportation is recommended
- Minimum of 18 years old
- College degree or working towards a degree is recommended, but not required.
Other InformationFurnished housing (coed) and utilities will be provided. All interns must complete a special project.
Questions about the Internship Program? Call: (636) 861-1392 or email: email@example.com