We are looking for reliable, enthusiastic, motivated individuals, who can work well independently and as part of a team. Our internship program runs year round and is in high demand. Please call today to find out about available openings & schedules.
To apply for an internship please send your resume with a cover letter stating your career goals and how this internship will help you achieve those goals, along with three letters of reference and this application.
Interns will experience all aspects of the World Bird Sanctuary by assisting the staff with the:
- Captive management of resident birds
- Daily husbandry duties
- Maintenance of facilities
- Rehabilitation of injured birds
- Public education programs through the Office of Wildlife Learning
- Interacting with the public at the Visitor Center
- Field identification of birds & documentation of behaviors
- Must be capable of rigorous outdoor work in all types of weather conditions
- Transportation is recommended
- Must be 18 or older College degree or working towards a degree is recommended, but not required
- Furnished housing (coed) and utilities provided