We need your help keeping up with our quickly growing mission!
Our Raptor Hospital, Conservation Department and STEM Education Programming needs are expanding fast! Please help us fund these 3 grand pillars of our mission with a donation today!
- Thanks to greater capacity, 406 patients were admitted and treated in 2019, a record high for World Bird Sanctuary!
- Welcomed our first ever staff veterinarian.
- New equipment additions have eliminated transport of birds to off-site veterinary facilities.
HOW YOUR DONATION HELPS: Building new outdoor flight conditioning enclosures and upgrade housing for birds undergoing treatment in hospital.
- Over 1,000 American Barn Owls bred and released in Missouri, a significant part of their return from endangered status.
- Working directly with 6 endangered species for their International Species Survival Plan.
- Working closely with The Association of Zoos and Aquariums to earn accreditation.
HOW YOUR DONATION HELPS: Upgrading existing housing and constructing new housing to facilitate breeding with these critically endangered species.
STEM EDUCATION PROGRAMMING
- 15 outdoor and 18 indoor exhibits have been rebuilt and upgraded for the comfort and well-being of our birds.
- Provided $31,000 in grant-funded STEM educational programs for children in under-served communities.
- Educated over one million individuals nationwide in 2019 about birds of prey and their environments.
HOW YOU CAN HELP: Consider sponsoring one of our exciting and valuable education programs for your child’s school or a school in your community.