February 2020 • 7:00pm – 8:30pm
at World Bird Sanctuary • FOR AGES 21+
$45 per person
Whether you come by yourself, with someone special or a group of friends, the charm of these animals are sure to steal your heart as we unveil the beauty of Owls and other birds of prey.
Dating back to the 3rd century, the legend of St. Valentine is shrouded in mystery. Similarly, the Owl is historically revered as one of the most mysterious animals in the world. The Barn Owl earned the nickname “Sweetheart Owl” because of its heart-shaped face and is subject of countless stories, myths, and legends.
Follow the candle light to our Nature Center, a room transformed by the warmth of Valentine’s spirit, which is home to lizards, snakes, bats, spiders, turtles, and an Opossum. The evening will begin with a variety of tasty tapas, enough to satisfy your deepest craving, followed by a 45 minute program. In this close encounter, you will learn all about these beautiful creatures and witness an owl in flight! Indulge in chocolate and wine pairings throughout the program as we warm your hearts. The evening will end with a short night hike through our grounds where you will attempt to call out to a “Sweetheart Owl” with the hopes of a response.
- Delicious Tapas (vegetarian options will be available)
- Wine and craft beer with chocolate pairings
- Valentine’s Day Program
- Owl prowl hike
- Photo Booth with Barn Owl photo opportunity
- Wear comfortable shoes and warm clothing for the short night hike at the end of the evening
- Proceeds benefit our 200+ permanent animal residents and the future of injured birds of prey
- Seating is limited- secure your Valentine’s Day experience today!
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org