Working at World Bird Sanctuary is a fun and rewarding experience — see available job openings below:
The World Bird Sanctuary’s mission is to preserve the earth’s biological diversity, and to secure the future of threatened bird species in their natural environments. We work to fulfill our mission through education, propagation, advocacy, and rehabilitation.
World Bird Sanctuary is seeking an experienced individual to fill an available Naturalist position.
Salary: $11.15/hr up to 40 hrs per week, potential onsite housing* subject to availability
Under the guidance of the Site Manager, responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the daily preparation and feeding of bird diets.
- Assisting with the behavior training and enrichment of the birds.
- Assisting with general site maintenance.
- Daily handling of raptors.
- Daily care and feeding of non-avian species.
- Leading educational programs on and off-site with our animal ambassadors.
- Maintaining a positive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience with wildlife; raptor experience is preferable.
- Must be able to lift 40lbs with relative ease.
- Must be willing to work primarily outdoors in both cold and hot weather.
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter along with two references to the email address below. Letters of recommendation encouraged but not required.
World Bird Sanctuary
125 Bald Eagle Ridge Rd
Valley Park, MO 63088
Please check back throughout the year as seasonal positions become available.
The opportunity to gain hands on experience is available for volunteers and interns all year round.