What the Sponsorship Does for Our Hospital: Looking for a fun and memorable experience or a unique gift for an animal lover? World Bird Sanctuary’s Kathryn G. Favre Wildlife Hospital treats over 600 sick or injured birds annually with the goal of releasing them back into the wild. By sponsoring a patient, you are directly involved in their journey back home!
The average treatment cost for a sick or injured raptor is $350. At 600+ birds per year, these costs can add up. Your sponsorship of a patient makes a huge difference by helping us provide food, medicine, and treatment to raptors in need. These are just a few examples of what your sponsorship helps provide.
- Provides the medications needed for a bird with an infected fracture
- Pays for the surgical repair of a wound
- Feeds an American Kestrel or Eastern Screech Owl for a whole month
- Buys a month’s worth of fluids
- Provides a day of intensive care to a patient in critical condition
- Provides a week’s worth of gas for our rescue and transport vehicle
- Provides chelation treatment for a bird with lead poisoning
- Pays for the surgical repair of a fracture
- Feeds a growing baby Great Horned Owl for a whole month
- Keeps our lab supplied for a month for in-house blood work and fecal exams
- Provides a month’s worth of syringes for administering fluids and medications
- Covers the entire cost of renesting a baby raptor