To our Guests and Supporters:
The World Bird Sanctuary is committed to providing a safe and educational site where visitors can enjoy the outdoors, walk our trails and see the raptors in their outdoor enclosures. However, we encourage social distancing and ask that our guests visit responsibly by taking measures to prohibit the spread of COVID-19, by postponing their visit to WBS if showing signs of showing respiratory symptoms and/or fever and following advise to wash hands frequently as well as other good hygiene practices.
The World Bird Sanctuary has taken several measures to ensure the safety of our visitors. Below is a list of precautions that WBS is taking to address the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
- World Bird Sanctuary outdoor spaces are open. Restrooms are open to the public and are cleaned and sanitized several times throughout the day.
- Closures: All public buildings are closed. The children’s playground is closed. The gift shop is closed.
- The Hospital staff is committed to quality health care and rehabilitation of raptors and will remain open. If you are concerned about an injured raptor in your area, please call or text WBS staff at 314-337-8889 for assistance.
- Owl prowls will be postponed until May.
- Camera Day May 2
- Education and Off-site Programming will be postponed where applicable. Please call 636-225-4390 if your group has booked an experience so that we may assist you in re-scheduling.
We are following developments from state and local officials as well as the World Health Organization. The health and safety of our visitors, staff, volunteers and ultimately, the birds and animals of the World Bird Sanctuary are of utmost concern. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Your help is drastically appreciated at this difficult time and the birds need you more than ever.
If you can manage to do so, please donate what you can.